In celebration of World Teachers’ Day, the Department of Education issues DepEd Order No. 29, s. 2020 or the Guidelines on the Grant of World Teachers’ Day Incentive Benefit.This shall be granted to all public school teachers in public elementary, junior and senior high schools and community learning centers.
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of World Teachers’ Day Incentive Benefit pursuant to DepEd Special Provision No. 12 under Republic Act No. 11645, the General Appropriations Act (GAA) of Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, titled An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty One, Two Thousand and Twenty and for Other Purposes.
- The procedures, standards, and mechanisms stipulated in this policy shall guide all DepEd offices and personnel in the grant of World Teachers’ Day Incentive Benefit to public school teachers for FY 2020 and years thereafter contingent to the funding appropriations as may be authorized by the annual GAA.
- The Department may issue supplemental guidelines to further implement this Order in the succeeding years as may be authorized by the annual appropriations, other laws, or national policies.
- Pursuant to RA No. 10743 or an “Act Declaring the Fifth Day of October of Every Year as the National Teachers Day” and, United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s international observance of World Teachers’ Day, the fifth of October every year is celebrated to honor those who are in the teaching profession, and to acknowledge the unwavering service and valuable contributions of the teachers in nurturing the minds, values, and character of the Filipino youth and the generations around the globe.
- In recognition of the vital role that teachers play in nation-building, the Department of Education (DepEd) commits to faithfully find ways to reward teachers for their hard work and dedication to the teaching profession by granting the World Teachers’ Day Incentive Benefit (WTDIB) to public school teachers.
- This year, the crucial role of teachers in ensuring the continued delivery of learning has become even more apparent as the country faces a daunting fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. It is the mandate of the Department to ensure that as teachers stand in the frontlines of the basic education learning continuity agenda, they remain empowered, honored, and incentilized amid emergency situations. 4. In FY 2020, the DepEd Special Provision No. 12 under the RA No. 11645, the GAA of FY 2020, or An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty-One, Two Thousand and Twenty, and for Other Purposes, provides for the grant of WTDIB during the Annual World Teachers’ Day celebration in the amount of One Thousand Pesos (P1,000) per teacher, subject to the guidelines issued by the DepEd.
Download Memo here: